Tuesday 30 October 2007

Dyeing Fibre

I am so pleased with myself. I've managed to dye fibre for the first time. I bought a kilo of Blue Faced Leicester tops at Woolfest earlier this year . I've used some ,whilst I was honing my spinning skills but there was loads left. I saw an article in Spring Spin Off mag about dyeing tops and decided to have a go . This is the result.


I've photographed the tops in my fruit bowl because I used Kool Aid to dye it . I used Grape , Strawberry , Mango and Blue Rasberry . Quite bright isn't it. I've called it Friut Salad . Not very original but it will do for now.


This is what it looks like undrafted and drafted. It went quite pastel and translucent.

This the first bit of spinning . The colours have darkened again but not as dark as the tops . I'm trying to spin a fine enough yarn to make socks . Which should brighten up the Winter days.







No comments: