Saturday 1 May 2010

Wonderwool .

I know I'm a bit late posting how I got on at Wonderwool but the truth is I've been knackered all week .
Anyway better late than never.
I woke up Friday morning with the colly wobbles about towing the caravan with the new car . To be honest I had the colly wobbles about towing the caravan full stop . I realised it had been eight months since I'd been out with it so I was enititled to feel jittery.Anyway we got hooked up and set off . It took me about five miles to relax and enjoy driving . It's a bit like riding a bike once you get back on your fine.
We got there in plenty of time and got all set up.
I had a secret weapon this year for setting up quick . Ikea cardboard boxes . I just had to take the lid off and put them on the stand . Seeemples:0) It made a big difference to the time setting up . I reckon I knocked a good hour off.
I had a helper on the stall this year , Julie , from S'N'B came along to help man the stall in return for bed and board in the caravan . We had a very good weekend . Saturday was brilliant but Sunday was very slow but over the two days takings were up 50% on last year . I can now pay my wool bill :0)

Today is Mayday/ Beltaine . Another turn of the wheel of the year .
It would also have been my Darling Bobby's 73rd birthday. This is another of what I call " firsts " that I am going through .I miss him teribbly and not a day goes by that I don't think about him .
Happy Birthday Big Brother XXXx

No comments: