Saturday 25 September 2010

Turning Corners and Setting Goals

 Tuesday saw another turn of the Year's Wheel and we slipped into Autumn with a chill in the air .
I don't know where this year has gone with all that's been happening to me but I feel I have turned a corner over the last few weeks .My councelling comes to an end on Tuesday . I have found this a great help and A my councellor has been a tower of strength . Helping me get my life back on track . I also now have a Support Worker helping me come off the dreaded Diazapam . That's going to take about another eight to ten weeks so my plans for driving again have been put on a longer hold as my Doc won't let me drive till I'm off them completely :0(
 I decided this week that I needed something to keep me occupied long term so I have set myself a goal . Itis to dye , spin and knit a cardigan . I've been spinning but only 100grms of this and that and appart from socks and scarves you can't do much with the finished yarn. So on Monday the dyes came out and 700grms of Falkland Merino fibre.
 My stupid camera doesn't do the fibre justice . For some reason it doesn't recognise purple . So for blue read purple . I will keep you posted with the results .
 Today if I'd been fit and well and able to drive I would have been at the Masham Sheep Fair . I was quite upset this morning that I couldn't go , especially as the sun was shining and Artis- Anne and Ambermoggie were going to be there . 
I had to make do with a long walk with Papa Bear instead .
We went on our favourite railway walk but this time we had to walk to it from home so we only did part of it . I've still not got the stamina for over long walks . We have been making do with walks around the park at the back of our house but there's only so many different permutations of walking round there and I felt like a change. It's the first time for months that we have been down the railway and I really enjoyed it .
The hawthorn bushes were absolutly laden with haws . It was just a sea of red . If folklore is to be believed it looks like we are in for another bad Winter .
The Himalayan Balsam was in full bloom and the air was heady with their perfume .
Tomorrow we are off to son Number 3 's for lunch and another little adventure , we are going on the train . 
Not been on a train for ages but we have to use public transport at the moment with not being able to drive. At least I'm saving fuel . The petrol tank hasn't been filled up since April and there is more than half a tank still in :0)

1 comment:

John H said...

Great News
Looking forward to seeing the completed cardigan.

Hope to see you soon too !

Take care :-) xx