Wednesday 29 July 2009

Down but not quite out .

I had a phone call this morning from my friend from Dajon Designs to see if I was ok as I'd not blogged for ages . Well I am but to be honest I've not felt much like blogging . The reason being the July shows have been terrible . Cumberland County Show was cancelled because of flooding and we only found out after driving 100 miles up to Carlisle . Fortunately there was a silver lining to that black cloud. Remember the Ouessant sheep on my last blog well this is their ram .Isn't he a darling.
Just look at those horns and such a sweet face .
On our way back from Calisle we dropped in to the Farm Village where they live . The guy I'd spoken to at the Rose Show said he had some Saxon Merino fleeces so we called on the off chance he still had them and the silver lining was he had . I got a huge fleece and it's gorgeous . I also got a small Ouessant to try as well .
The Cumbrian Steam Gathering this last weekend was a great disappointment as well . We usually have a great time here and takings are usually good but not this year , it was the worse we've ever done . I don't think the weather helped either on Sunday , it was awful .But again there was a silver lining in the form of a Blue Faced Leicester fleece delivered to my stall by a tall handsome New Zealander . He was doing a shearing demo outside the Craft Marquee and I put my name on the fleece earlier on whilst it was still on the sheep's back .
It's not been all doom and gloom . We had a short visit from our eldest son and two Grandsons on their way up to the Lakes for a week . They stayed overnight and their way up and again on their way home . It was lovely to see them and to see how much they'd grown.
I'm now busy getting stuff ready to go up to Cumbria to work in ten days time .We are usually up there by now but we decided on a shorter visit this year . Perhaps the way the weather is going it's going to prove to be a better choice .
Hopefully the Fibre Fest we are going to do in Devon next month will turn out to be as good as Woolfest and make up for a rotten July .

1 comment:

John H said...

Was just checking you were both Ok.
The Ram is so cute.
Looking forward to seeing you at
some craft fairs this Autumn.

D&J XX