Thursday 26 August 2010

Getting about .

Things are improving and I can feel my old self creeping back to life .I've had a few trips to the supermarket with my good neighbour , Carol . I manage to get out for a walk every day with DH . This really helps . An hour in the fresh air and out of the house . I'd go stir crazy otherwise.
The councelling is going well , though it's very emotionally draining . I never expected it it to be be so hard. I've three more sessions to go yet.
Last Saturday my great No3 son managed to get the whole family together . It's a logistical nightmare getting them together as No 1 son lives down south and the other three work shifts . But luckily No 1 son was holidaying in Derbyshire , which isn't far , and everyones shifts fitted in . No 3 son booked a table at the local pub and we went out for a belated Ruby Wedding celebration. It was lovely to have all the children and Grandchildren together but I did feel a bit over whelmed and just sat there listening to all the conversations .Sadly no pics as I forgot my camera . Luckily No 3 son had his and took loads of pics for me and is going to make a collage of them .
Today I took another step forward and we went to town on the bus .We had a wander round and went for a coffee at my favourite coffee shop. We only went for an hour or so but it's a start .
My next goal is to go to S'N'B but at the moment I'm not sleeping very well and by the evening I'm shattered so that will have to wait a little while longer.
The Bank Holiday looms and it will be strange not working . I'm really missing going out to the shows and meeting people but I've got to keep looking forwards and think about next year . No 3 son says i should look upon this year as my Gap Year .

No comments: