Tuesday 18 December 2007

Deck the Halls etc etc

Did my last Grassington on Saturday .It was good but took till one o'clock to get folk spending and boy was it cold . So it's feet up time now till the New Year then re- stock. Well actually I've not made anything for the stall since the beginning of the month which is very unusual. Because of all the cancelled shows in the Summer I had plenty of stock . I did have an emergency call last week from a customer asking could I make her DH a pair af welly socks in time for Christmas . What can you do , i posted them this morning so someone will be happy. So with so much time .


Ive been doing a bit of dyeing and spinning . This is Blue Faced Leicester and there will be enough for socks and mitts .I've also been doing a bit of knitting. Forest Canopy using Yarnyard sock wool . I think it was called Frazzle. Loved it so much I'm making another only bigger using my own BFL. This came yesterday from The Natural Dye Studio . It's Alpaca and Silk so i feel Entralac socks coming on.
These where brought from Cape Cod by my dear friends John and David . The patterns in the book are gorgeous . I've got so many projects in a queue now I won't have time to work after Christmas ( I wish)
And Yesterday I did this . All trimmed up for Christmas . I love doing it and have never allowed anyone else to do it. It's a bit selfish but I just like everything to be perfect.
We won't be spending Christmas at home this year we are going to DD's for a few days. First Christmas away in 37 years.
Don't know what it will be like . We have a two year old Border Collie and she has a one year old Patterdale terrier . I feel chaos coming on.




No comments: