Thursday 27 March 2008

Socks , Blockers and Real Fair Isle

Lots of pretty socks. I had a mad knit just before I went to Silloth. I had decided that customers needed to see just what my yarns looked like knit up into socks.L to R Blue Faced Leicester in pepper colours . Sock Wool in shades of blues and slate . BFL in red cream and blue . I like the contrast toes and heels and have found out you can knit two pairs of socks using 50grms plain and two 50grms of different contrast.
L to R Sock wool in purples and pinks . Sock wool in slate blues, golds and burgundy. The heels and toes are done with the same plain as the blues in the pic above. Last one is Sock wool ,red white and blue.
All are displayed on sock blockers made by my DH. These are just for display purposes but he is going to make some usable ones this week . They will be decorated with hand painted flowers and such . Watch this space as they say.
I am very proud of this . It is my first attempt at " proper " Fair Isle and I designed it myself.
I have just been doing the chart for it on an old cross stitch program I had on the PC . I'm really getting in to this designing malarkey , what with this and the mittens . I enjoy the challenge and it's something different to do . I just wish there were more hours in a day . Still the clocks go forward this weekend and that gives me more daylight hours and gets me out of hibernation mode. I'm concidering getting a light box for next Winter



No comments: